Just like us, our animals get sick. At Home Veterinary Care provides up-to-date medical care for a number of concerns you may have for your pet, including:
- Vomiting, diarrhea or other gastrointestinal problems
- Skin or haircoat concerns (infections, itchiness, hair loss, etc.)
- Eye and Ear infections and related conditions
- Examination of various “lumps and bumps”, skin masses, etc.
- Urinary tract infections, excessive thirst or urination
- Evaluations of weight loss, loss of appetite, weakness
- Treatment for arthritis, or pain related to other diseases
- Second opinion examinations
- Post-Operative Care: we can provide care for patients that have undergone surgery (orthopedic or soft tissue) in order to perform bandage changes, monitor progress, modify pain medications and help to optimize the patient’s recovery. We can also coordinate these visits with the doctor who performed the procedure.
Please note that although much diagnostic testing is available in the home environment, there are some diagnostic tests that we do not provide, such as x-rays and ultrasound. When you make your appointment and discuss the needs of your pet, Dr. Packer will inform you what can or cannot be performed reasonably in the home. If needed, he can refer you to specialists or general practices in the area for further evaluation.
We also respect that you may prefer to continue to use a veterinarian you already have a relationship with for some services, and we are happy to share medical records with any clinic at the client’s request.